Bible Reexamined Website
- HIGHLIGHTED FEATURE--The website has a Romans bibliography database for the discovery of topics to study in the letter to the Romans. Some useful reports are available to directly list articles and books addressing topics sorted to the chapters of Romans. Even the simple titles of books and articles give a clue to the questions raised about Romans.
- IMPORTANT THOUGHT --Now this process of rhetorical and argumentative mapping is not easy, and it asks interpreters to go beyond the level of most commentary. Where commentators tend often merely to reproduce and to rephrase Paul's texts piecemeal without questioning their actual rational development, this approach has in effect to get inside – in Polanyi's terminology, 'to indwell' – their specific argumentation. We must grasp Paul's arguments precisely, to the point where we can assess their cogency, compare them from section to section and letter to letter automatically, and then articulate what is really driving them. This is to grasp entire sections and letters, and not merely verses and pericopae. And it is at this deep in our journey into Paul's contingency that we begin finally to grasp his coherence.-- D. A. Campbell, The Quest for Paul's Gospel. New York: T&T Clark,2005,22.
Romans Purpose and Overview
Chapter Highlights and Topics
Discussion related to the above articles
Romans Bibliography (Added Nov 19,2009) An extensive bibliography of Roman topics in scholarship is now available. View the full list of articles, books and resources or view by author. Most books are on topics related to Romans and most books can be listed for topics related to a specific chapter of Romans. (So a book about 'faith' may be identified to Rom 4. You can then list all books that may be useful in the study of Rom 4. You would select 'Reports' and set the 'Filter by Value' field to 'Categories - Rom4' )
Romans Bibliography -- list all papers
- Google Bible Topics Bibliogaphy
- Best Commentaries -- Website with an analysis of commentary quality based on other people's reviews. The site also indicates bibles used for scholarship and those for personal study.
- biblicalstudies.org.uk has a useful list of commentaries and articles on Romans
- bible-researcher.com has links to Roman commentaries mainly from the 1800s. There are commentary links also for other books of the bible
- Journal Notes -- My findings for help on getting published (theoretical only). There also are links to sites that provides journal abbreviations and lists of journals.
- Personal writing tools -- I have assembled and created tools and techniques to keep track of the information needed to write on Romans.
- UniGreek and TypeGreek.com --Free tool to type Greek letters directly or in betacode. The first link is for the program download. The second link is the live website conversion.
- Local Greek BetaCode application --This is under development.
- www.sbl-site.org SBL research tools webpage
- sblgnt.com SBL Greek New Testament text and apparatus -- Since Oct 28,2010.
- CiteSBLHSBuild bibliographies and print SBLHS style.
- Nota Bene -- Makes and sells tools for Academic Reaarch and writing.
- TheGospelOfGod -- focuses on the gospel message as presented in Romans. Presents the gospel message as the focus of Paul's effort in writing to the Romans.
- Bible.org Link to D. Wallace article "Romans: Introduction, Argument, and Outline", but also has various other articles on Romans with different perspectives of Paul's purpose.
- Bible.org series on Romans -- audio(mp3)
files of teaching by Kenneth Boa.
- biblical performance criticism -- this website may have some info that may be helpful in exploring the original reading of the letter to the Romans.
- Journal Abbreviations -- Provides over 1200 abbreviations used in theological books: journal names,institutes, commentary series and book series.
- UK disertations access -- Access may be free except for the first requestor.
- Edinburgh Research Archive -- with essays by Larry Hurtado. Link is courtesy of evangelicaltextualcriticism.blogspot.com
- Scholar.google.com -- provides apparently a search system focused on scholars.
- BibleDatabase.org search tool. This tool
is handy for searching a Greek word in the LXX or NT (plus searches of various translations).
- Little Greek lessons on NT Greek.
- Parsing of Romans 4 -- seems like this format could be helpful. see more at http://www.gracebiblechurch.us/bible.html
- www.theNarrowPath.com -- teaching ministry of Steve Gregg providing free audio classes studying all the Old and New Testament books.
(See also the Romans bibliography: Bibliography on Romans.
Click the link here to review the online database -- with selections by chapter if desired.
- Wagner, G., An Exegetical Bibliography of the New Testament -- Romans and Galatians, Mercer University Press,1996 --provides a bibliography in print
- Fowler, Paul B., "Paul's Letter to the Romans: A New Approach," read at the March 1977 meeting of the Southwestern Regional Section of the Evangelical Theological Society
- Jewett, Robert, Romans: A Commentary (Hermeneia: a Critical and Historical Commentary on the Bible), Fortress Press, 2006
- Kulikovsky, Andrew S. The Historical Context of Paul's Letters To the Galatians and Romans , [web link],1999
- McRay, John, Paul: His Life and Teaching , Baker Academic, 2007 -- This is said to discuss Paul's use of pronouns.
- Talbert, Charles H. Romans. Has a review of cultural and arts interpretation of Romans (Review)
Parables of the Mysteries
Common Law Copyright 2007-2012 by Michael Whitney
| Visitors to this page since Nov 1,2012: ||